Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A delicious casserole which can be baked the day before and then reheated and served or served cold on a hot day.
- 2 cups whole kernel corn (from frozen, not canned)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 4 ounces green chilies, peeled
- Combine the first seven ingredients.
- Rinse seeds from chilis, chop the chilis and add to mixture.
- Pour into a greased casserole pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes (or until casserole is firm and has a golden brown color).
This is a very good recipe. I can't help myself when I see anything green chile. Very easy to put together, and the result was delightful. The sour cream was a good addition to keep it from being too dry. I will use this one again. Thanks for sharing, Rick.
Great Recipe......Cooked it as a side dish with some mexican food @ the fire station. Corn and corn meal was a nice change from traditional Green Chilli Casseroles. Will make this recipe again....Thanks Rick