Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This green chili is suppose to be served over pinto beans. The cook time is 1 hour 40 minutes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- In a heavy skillet brown meat.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute for 10 minutes or until ingredients are lightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes, water and salt.
- Simmer for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until mixture is of medium thickeness Add the green chilies.
- Simmer stew for 15 more minutes.
- Serve over pinto beans is desired.