Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love this recipe because it is something that is simple. It came from my aunt-in-law. I was told that she went to Mexico and had lived with some people who taught her how to make this dish. It has had a little tweak here and there, but it is so good!
- 4 (6 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 4 (10 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 3 (10 ounce) cansof rotel original diced tomato & green chili peppers
- Brown the hamburger, adding 2/3 of the onion while cooking.
- Drain and rinse the pinto beans.
- In a large pot, add the green chili, enchilada sauce, pinto beans, salt, pepper, and the rest of onion. (This can be done while the hamburger is browning). Then add the cooked hamburger.
- Bring to a low boil on Medium - High heat, stirring occasionally.
- After it comes to a low boil, reduce heat to simmer. Let simmer about 30 to 45 minutes.
- What really makes this good is that you can Fry some corn tortillas, pour a little Green Chili on one, sprinkle a little cheese, add another fried corn tortilla and pour some more Green Chili and top it with lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, etc.