Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of my favorite recipes that my mom makes for me often. I love this stuff!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork, cut into 1 cubes (whatever cut you like)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 (14 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- In a large dutch oven over medium-high heat add the oil and saute’ the pork until just browned.
- Add onion and cook until onion is soft and meat is cooked thru.
- Add flour and stir well to coat the pork.
- Add approximately 6 cups of water and the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil, then cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook about one hour, re-seasoning if necessary.
Made this up & froze half of it for another time! Managed, somehow, to follow the ingredients, but my garlic cloves were HUGE, which was fine with me! Very different from the usual chili with kidney beans, but nice tasting, still! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe cooking game]