Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is really good as a side dish in burritos or by itself with warmed flour tortillas.
- 1 lb beef stew meat, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- chili pepper (1 or 2 hot such as jalapenos)
- 2 bell peppers, diced (green)
- In a 2 quart saucepan, combine beef, water, garlic and salt.
- Cover and simmer one hour.
- Place chile peppers on baking sheet, bake in 400 degree oven until peppers are browned and skin splits (about 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- While still warm, peel skin, halve peppers and remove seeds.
- Finely chop chili peppers and add to meat mixture along with bell peppers.
- Simmer covered 20 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer 20 minutes more.