Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Green Chili is a recipe my dad created and I wanted to share. It is a great alternative to the traditional ground beef chili for those who want a bit more substance.
- 2 lbs beef round steak or 2 lbs chuck steaks or 2 lbs top sirloin steaks
- 2 lbs pork steak or 2 lbs pork loin or 2 lbs pork chops or 2 lbs top pork sirloin roast
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 (16 ounce) jar green chili salsa
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) canmixed tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) canjalapeno salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) canhot Mexican tomato sauce
- For further information on ingredients I use El Pato brand Mexican Tomato Sauce and Jalapeno Salsa, Herdez Salsa verde for my green salsa, and Ro*Tel Original for the tomato/chiles. I use any brand of diced chiles. Whatever is on sale.
- Cut all meat into bite size pieces.
- Chop onion.
- In a large pot, cook meat and onions over medium-high heat until meat is cooked through.
- When cooked through, drain grease.
- Return to stove and add remaining ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat until soft boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 to three hours depending on softness of meat desired.
- Add water if you like your chili more liquid.