Recipe by crtvecook
This one is easy. It doesn't have any meat and you may substitute chicken bouillon for vegetable bouillon or broth.
- 2 poblano peppers (whichever you can get fresh) or 2 anaheim chilies (whichever you can get fresh)
- 1 jalapeno
- 16 ounces black beans
- 16 ounces kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 onion
- 4 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube (preferably tomato)
- 1 (4 ounce) can salsa verde
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (you pick mild or hot)
- white pepper
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in your sauce pot.
- Chop your onion and poblanos and jalapeno and add to butter,(adding the onions first gives them time to caramelize; then add your chopped peppers and let cook).
- Add garlic to peppers and onions, don't let the garlic brown (it will turn bitter in flavor).
- Add your salsa verde, black beans, kidney beans and green chilies (I rinsed my beans).
- Add 4 cups of water and the bouillon cubes.
- Add cumin and white pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer and let simmer for as long or short a time as you wish. The longer the better the flavor.
- If desired, add chopped cilantro 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with warm tortillas and sour cream and if you like it pretty some shredded cheese and a sprig of cilantro.