Recipe by Merlot
Great little biscuits!! I have even used them as an appetizer. Not sure where the recipe came from...could be from Pillsbury Cook Book.
Top Review by Miss Annie
I knew these little jewels were going to be very good so I made enough to freeze for later. I loved the green chiles on top, but to "heat" them up a little more I mixed a smidged of some New Mexico Chimayo chile powder with some butter and served it with the biscuits. Terrific! Thanks for posting this tasty recipe.
- 1 (10 ounce) can ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons canned mild green chilies, chopped drained
- 1⁄2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- In small bowl, combine melted margarine& chili powder& brush over biscuits.
- Sprinkle with chilies and shredded cheese.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 10 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- After baking, you may freeze and reheat in microwave at a later date.