Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe was printed in a local dining guide. They were great at the Super Bowl party!
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Great wontons! I cooked them in my deep fryer and they were delicious. I did cheat a little by buying fresh pineapple pico de gallo from the grocery store. These wontons make a great party appetizer.
Made for the Tailgating Tag - Diabetic Forum.
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 -3 green onions, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 medium fresh pineapple, peeled,cored and diced or
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, draned and diced
- 1⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 -4 long green chilies, roasted,peeled,seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 24 egg roll wraps, each 2 x 2 inches
- flour, for dusting
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size bowl, combine all the ingredients for the salsa.
- Stir in blend, cover and refrigerate several hours.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cheeses, chile, salt, pepper, cumin and garlic; toss gently.
- Place the egg roll skins on a clean surface or cutting board.
- Lightly wet the edges with a small amount of water, and place a heaping teaspoon of the cheese filling in the center of each skin.
- Fold into a triangle, dampen the edges, and press them together.
- Dust with flour and deep fry in 3 inches of hot oil until golden brown.