Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Another crockpot winner! Got this off of Recipegoldmine.com. The cheese mixture inside the chicken rolls keeps the meat nice and moist!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup hot enchilada sauce
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, green chilies, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Place a generous dollop on each flattened chicken breast, then roll up.
- Place chicken in crockpot, seam side down.
- Top chicken breast rolls with remaining cheese mixture, soup and enchilada sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
Great crockpot dish!!! The chicken had a wonderful flavor and was very tender! I served this with rice and charro beans. My family loved it... I will have to add this to my box of "make again recipes"! Thanks! :)
This is really tasty! I have a 5 quart crockpot so I doubled the recipe. It came out really moist and flavorful. I used a double recipe of "Recipe Ready Condensed 'Cream of' Soup" (recipe#29450), and I made my own enchilada sauce (for the first time, it was easy!). I did this for dietary reasons, but I'm sure it is just as wonderful made with commercial products. Go ahead and use the "hot" enchilada sauce, alot of the heat is taken off by the soup, leaving a nice flavor.
Very very good recipe. I used cream of chicken soup and baked in the oven instead of crockpot. I am at a higher altitude so baked at 375 for an hour. Thanks for posting.