Recipe by Julesong
When you want your stroganoff just a bit different, give this one a try! :) Mild and creamy, it's very tasty!
Top Review by L DJ
Very tasty I used round steak and cut it into strips after pounding it with a mallet. Sprinkled a little salt and pepper over all then I dredged it in the flour, doing this I followed the recipe directions. I used your suggestion and added the dollop guacamole on top with a slice of pickled jalapeño chili. Oh so good.
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 -6 cloves minced garlic, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 lbs beef, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules (or 2 cubes)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy, deep pan (one with a cover), sauté the onion, mushrooms, and garlic in the butter until onion is soft.
- Place the beef cubes and flour in a Ziploc bag and shake to coat.
- Brown the coated beef cubes in the pan and brown the meat in the onion mixture.
- Drain the excess fat, then add the hot water, bouillon, and white wine; cover and simmer on medium-low for 2 hours.
- Add the chopped chiles and cumin and simmer for 10 additional minutes.
- While stroganoff is simmering, cook the noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Remove the stroganoff from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Serve stroganoff with noodles (or cooked rice, or sautéed mushrooms for those on lowcarb menus); a dollop of guacamole on top is good, too.
- Makes 4 servings.