Recipe by Julie Tremmel
I was given this recipe from a co-worker. Her family really enjoys this recipe. Putting it here for safe keeping for our family to try for brunch.
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 (24 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 13 by 9 inch baking dish.
- Cover bottom of pan with 3 of the tortillas cut to cover bottom of dish, not overlapping.
- Alternate layers of 1/3 of salsa spread over tortillas and 1/3 of cheese and repeat twice adding last layer of last 3 cut tortillas with addition of last 1/3 of salsa and cheese.
- Combine eggs, chiles, milk and seasonings. Pour over the top of strata. Refrigerate at least 45 minutes.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 35 minutes.