Recipe by ellie_
Serve with cornbread for a simple fall supper. Recipe source: shopper's newsletter
Top Review by WiGal
Yummy! Mine is thin because I used leftover pork so skipped the flour step. Also used a can of tomatoes that already had chiles in and added fresh tomato as the can was less than 14 ounces and 1/2 cup corn. Thank you for a lovely lunch, Ellie! I made a half batch and dh had seconds.
- 907.18 g pork, cubed
- 59.14 ml flour
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 709.77 ml green chili peppers, chopped
- 2 (822.13 g) can tomatoes
- 473.18 ml water
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 9.85 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge pork in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a large soup pot, heat oil and brown pork. Remove pork and set aside.
- Saute onions in same pot and then return pork to pan, and stir in remainder of ingredients. Simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender and mixture has thickened.