Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Once again, I am saving this yummy stew acquired from my little book "Low Fat Mexican Recipes"
- 2 lbs chuck roast, lean and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups green chili sauce
- salt and pepper
- flour tortilla
- Remove all visible signs of fat from beef.
- In large pot, brown meat, oion, pepper and garlic in oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Serve with warmed flour tortillas.