Recipe by mersaydees
My husband was in the kitchen last weekend and watched Paula Deen make this recipe. Since we had all the ingredients on hand he made it for us that night, scaling it down to 2/3. We both liked it a lot and also enjoyed it for lunch the next day.
Top Review by ChefDLH
This had nice flavor but way too much cayenne pepper flavor for us. Hot! It was easy to make and looked great. If you like a kick this is for you. Thanks for posting. Made for newest Zaar Tag Jan/Feb 2012. Enjoy. ChefDLH
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce
- 3 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies, with juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Prepare 12x8-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix together the eggs, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper sauce.
- In large bowl, combine chiles and both cheeses. Pour the egg mixture into the cheese mixture and stir together well.
- Pat the mixture down into the prepared baking dish and bake until the center is firm, about 45 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut into small squares and serve.