- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch oregano
- 3 medium potatoes, boiled, cut into small cubes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in 2-quart saucepan. Add onion and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until onion wilts.
- Stir in cumin and pepper; continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add oregano, potatoes, green chilies and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer slowly for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with cheese sprinkled in the middle of bowl.