Recipe by majorkwoods
This dish is a favorite of ours from Santa Fe. A little B&B called Adobe Abode had this recipe on their website, so we thought we'd try it for breakfast. The dish is very easy to make and serve. Accompany the souffle with warm tomatillo sauce and fresh melon. Our favorite breakfast beverage with the green chile bite of the souffle is mango juice.
Top Tweak by BigTilm
I added some Chopped ham. Muy bueno. Fyi- you can get real deal roasted Big Jim chiles (almost year round) from newmexicanconnection.com They're as good as any I enjoyed when I lived in Las Cruces.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can canned corn niblets, drained
- 1 dash salt & pepper, to taste