Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Recipe from EveryDay with Rachael Ray magazine, March 2012.
Make and share this Green Chile Sliders With Tangy Tomatillo-Lime Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large poblano chiles
- 4 tomatillos, husks removed and coarsley chopped
- 1 jalapenos or 1 serrano chili, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- 8 small rolls, split
- Preheat the broiler. Place the poblanos on a baking sheet and broil, turning, until blackened. Transfer to a bowl, cover. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Discard the skin and seeds. Chop into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Using a food processor, mix the tomatillos, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, and honey until smooth; season with salt.
- In a large bowl, season the beef with cumin, salt and pepper. Mix in the poblanos. Halve the meat mixture and form each half into four 3-inch patties.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Cook the patties, turning once, for about 5 minutes total for medium rare. During the last minute of cooking, top with the cheese and tent with foil. Dot the roll tops with the tomatillo sauce and assemble the sliders. Serve with extra sauce.