Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
mild on the heat scale, best served warm. for entertaining, try cutting out scones with shaped cookie cutters. these are great with any BBQ or grilled dish. WE like them with huevos rancheros(eggs & chili) for brunch.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green chili pepper (the can works great)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 dash cayenne
- mix flour, salt,& baking powder in large bowl.
- add the chiles, garlic, and 1 c.
- cream and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Place dough on a floured surface& knead until mixture forms a ball.
- pre-heqat oven to 425 degrees.
- divide dough into 2 pieces& pat each into a 10 inch circle on a greased cookie sheet.
- brush the tops with remaining cream.
- bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- cut each circle into 8 wedges before serving.
I made these tonight to eat with a salad I whipped up. These really are good. I made a few modifications in the interest of cutting the fat. I always substitute a mix of fat free sour cream and low fat plain yogurt for whipping cream. Also I used spelt flour instead of all purpose. I cannot wait to make these again. Thank you for posting. Next time I will add a little cheese. Happy New Year.