Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Green Chile Season is coming up soon! Recipe source: Edible Santa Fe
- 1 lb green chili, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon green coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 tablespoons butter
- sea salt
- In a skillet over medium heat saute the green chiles, garlic, coriander, onion and cumin until aromatic.
- Add the stock and simmer until onions are soft. Cool slightly and then transfer to a blender, adding the cilantro and butter and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with sea salt or other coarse salt.
I actually made this a few days ago and froze it as I wanted to see if this would freeze well, this sauce was a little on the thin side for my tastes before I froze it but the flavor was good although I did add in way more fresh garlic than was stated, thanks for shaing hon!...Kitten:)