Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is good served with my Chimichanga recipe! One hour cook time is for chilling.
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced mild green chilies (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, leaf, crumbled
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, breaking up canned tomatoes into small pieces.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving to blend flavors.
- Or prepare ahead and store in a jar.
- Refrigerate; use within 1 week.
- Makes about 1-1/3 cups.