Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Men especially like this rice dish. It's great with any kind of BBQ. Down here in the rice belt, this recipe appears everywhere.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 large bay leaf, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, drained
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large skillet, sauté onion until golden in butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in rice, sour cream, cottage cheeses, bay leaf, salt andpepper.
- Toss lightly to mix.
- In greased 12x8x2 baking pan, layer half of rice mixture in bottom, then half the chilies.
- Sprinkle half the cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with parsley.