1/1 Photo of Green Chile Pork Tamale Filling
I wanted green chile pork tamales and couldn't find a recipe, so I made up my own. This filling is mild and delicious! (Time does not include making it into tamales.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large, heavy pot heat the oil (I use my Le Cruset). Saute the onion until just translucent, then add the minced garlic and saute another few minutes until garlic softens.
- 2Add the green chiles and saute, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes, allowing most of the moisture from the chiles to evaporate.
- 3Add the ground pork and stir well to combine. Saute until pork is fully cooked and slightly browned, about 10-14 minutes. Add the ancho powder, cumin, and oregano, stirring to coat the mixture well.
- 4Fold in the cotija cheese and combine well. Use as tamale filling and enjoy! Top your tamales with your favorite tamale sauce (I use my Rich and Delicious Enchilada Sauce recipe for tamales, absolutely wonderful stuff).
- 5Also works very well as an enchilada filling. Makes about 3-4 cups filling.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chile Pork Tamale Filling
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 884.0
- Calories from Fat 620
- Total Fat 68.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.6 g
- Cholesterol 197.9 mg
- Sodium 1530.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 47.8 g