Recipe by Koechin (Chef)
This is SO good and SO easy! The variations are also limitless. Not sure anymore where I found it. Better make two while you're at it, because it disappears before you can get any. :-)
Top Review by pink cook
I love these biscuits...!!! They are so easy to make with only 5 ingredients and the combination of flavors is awesone with olive oil, chili powder, green chiles, Monterey jack cheeese, and I also added one chopped garlic clove...delicious. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Chef Koechin.
- 1 (10 count) package refrigerated biscuits
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons canned green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Separate the biscuits. Place one biscuit in the center and place the remaining 9 in a circle around it, edges slightly overlapping. Gently press them together. You should get about a ten inch circle(with pretty scalloped edges).
- Combine olive oil (you could use melted butter) and chili powder. Brush over the biscuits. Sprinkle with chilies and cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minute until nice and golden brown.
- To serve; pull them apart.
- I have also used olive oil, chopped garlic, fresh minced rosemary and parmesan cheese.