This is SO good and SO easy! The variations are also limitless. Not sure anymore where I found it. Better make two while you're at it, because it disappears before you can get any. :-)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Separate the biscuits. Place one biscuit in the center and place the remaining 9 in a circle around it, edges slightly overlapping. Gently press them together. You should get about a ten inch circle(with pretty scalloped edges).
- Combine olive oil (you could use melted butter) and chili powder. Brush over the biscuits. Sprinkle with chilies and cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minute until nice and golden brown.
- To serve; pull them apart.
- I have also used olive oil, chopped garlic, fresh minced rosemary and parmesan cheese.
I love these biscuits...!!! They are so easy to make with only 5 ingredients and the combination of flavors is awesone with olive oil, chili powder, green chiles, Monterey jack cheeese, and I also added one chopped garlic clove...delicious. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Chef Koechin.
It sure doesn't get any easier than this! We really enjoyed this biscuit bread, it was just the thing to have with your Tomato Soup for Lovers of Spice! . We dipped these in the soup and it was so good. I did use a little more of the green chilies than the recipe called for, and also had to bake mine just a little longer than the instructions said, but otherwise made as directed. Made for Pick-A-Chef Fall 2009.
Super easy and oh so good!