Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This sounds yummy! I love green chilies! I think I'll try this with the skins on. I'm sure red potatoes would be good also.
- 5 large russet potatoes, peeled diced large boiled and drained
- 4 ounces butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, more to taste
- 1⁄8 cup heavy cream
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced mild green chilies
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- Boil potatoes until tender but don't overcook!
- Drain well.
- Mash the rest of the ingredients into the potatoes right in the pot with a potato masher.
- You can use an electric mixer but be careful not to over beat.
Great recipe. I used four roasted and peeled hatch chilis and omitted the butter. The butter would have been good but it wasn't missing it if you used just the sour cream and cream in it. I also used red potatoes and left the skins on. I will make this again!
DH and I really loved these! The kids were not excited about them but that was ok with DH because he just warmed the leftovers in the microwave with a sprinkle of grated cheese. We'll make this again for the grownups ;) Thanks Engrossed!
MAde as directed and left out the salt. Went a bit hevier than some may ont he white pepper (personal taste) and used everything as listed. Delightful....just as they are. Not that you will eat a whole bowl - go ahead and have your 1/4 of these measurements here - no worries folks! Just a gerat flavor - I might even add a larger can or double the green chiles next time. YUM!