Recipe by swissms
Scottsdale, AZ. Serve as a side dish for steak or as an entree by adding some chopped, cooked chicken.
Top Review by Rod in AZ
Not the recipe they used in the resturant. This recipie is a very small batch and does not look or taste anything like the dish served in the Scottsdale resturant. I have been to the Roaring Fork many times and I like the Green Chile Mac and Cheese. This recipie doesn't even have any Green Chile in it and Green Chile is the star of this dish! I would like to see the real recipe.
- 1 whole fresh poblano chile
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh poblano chile
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh corn kernels or 1⁄2 cup thawed frozen corn kernels
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups freshly cooked macaroni (about 2/3 c. dried)
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese (hot pepper Monterey Jack cheese)
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Char whole chile directly over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Transfer to paper bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel, seed, and coarsely chop chile. Transfer to processor; puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup chopped chile, bell pepper, onion and garlic. Saute until soft, about 4 minutes. Add corn; stir 1 minutes.
- Add cream and chile puree' bring to boil. Add cooked macaroni and grated cheese; stir until cheese melts and mixture is heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.