Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Recipe source: Coyote Cafe
- 2 lbs top round beef, frozen to firm
- 1 cup green chili powder (if you can not find green chile powder use red chile powder)
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper, ground
- Preheat oven to 150-degrees F.
- To prepare jerky, cut beef across the grain into 1/8 - 1/16th inch slices and then place meat slices on a rack over a cookie sheet.
- In a pie pan combine chile powder, salt and pepper.
- Dredge meat slices in mixture.
- Replace meat on rack.
- Put in oven overnight or for at least 10-12 hours or until dry and chewy.
Pretty good jerky recipe but I did not really get the texture I wanted like I have in other jerky recipes. Over all good jerky tho!