Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This is a very nice potato casserole, given a little "kick" by adding canned green chilies and sharp Cheddar cheese. This is not, however, a really "hot" (picante) dish so you needn't be afraid to serve it to just about everybody. And it is easy; just five ingredients, Recipe comes from a Bon Appetit magazine dating back to 1996,
Top Review by Chef MB
FAB-U-LOUS! 5 stars are not enough. Made some minor changes--used fresh roasted green chiles from Pueblo, and used light cream soup, cheese and sour cream. Everybody ate seconds, and my two daughters scarfed up the leftovers for breakfast the next morning.
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash browns
- 3 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl to blend. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until top is golden brown, about 45 minutes longer. Serve hot.