Recipe by Pinay0618
Chicken is marinated overnight in a mixture of sour cream, green chiles and other spices before being floured and fried. Recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 lbs chicken, skinned if desired
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- cooking oil
- bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- lime wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine sour cream, milk, chile peppers, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Place chicken pieces in a bag and set in a shallow dish. Pour sour cream mixture over chicken; seal bag. Refrigerate overnight; turn bag occasionally.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from sour cream mixture. Discard remaining sour cream mixture. Add chicken pieces to flour, a few at a time, turning to coat.
- Add oil to a 12-inch heavy skillet to a depth of 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Heat over medium-high heat until hot (350 degree F). Reduce heat. Carefully add chicken to the skillet. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat about 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degree F for breasts; 180 degree F for thighs and drumsticks), turning occasionally to brown evenly. Drain on paper towels. If desired, serve with bottled hot pepper sauce and lime wedges.