Recipe by Timothy H.
Served at the El Pinto restaurant in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The restaurant guests include the following noted people, President George W Bush, Mick Jagger, Bill Cosby and Steve Forbes! Seating at this eatery is 1020 chairs!
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil (for frying)
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) jar green chili sauce
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Pour oil in a heavy skillet, like a 9 to 12 inch cast iron skillet. Heat oil to 350°F and about 1 inch deep. Get a paper towel to lay the fried tortillas on to absorb the extra oil.
- On a baking dish, place a tortilla. On top of the tortilla add 3 tablespoons green chile sauce, a layer of meat (if you don't like chicken, you can use beef or pork) followed by cheddar cheese.
- Repeat this process three times! Cook in a broiler until the cheese is golden, about 5 minutes. Add sour cream on top.