Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made a recipe like this - based on another on this site. I made it as enchiladas but with the low fat nature and the corn tortillas I figured it would be best as a casserole next time. The flavors were good - so I'm adding it here for safe keeping and possibly adjustments as I try it as a casserole next time. As it was low-fat and low carbs - I've figured it at 10 WW points plus for 1/6th of the pan.
- 283.49 g can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 2 plum tomatoes (or additional canned)
- 12 corn tortillas (or more if you have them....)
- 396.89 g can green enchilada sauce
- 453.59 g jar salsa (more green chile or regular red)
- 591.47 ml chicken (cooked or raw)
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml coriander
- 2.46 ml chipotle chili seasoning
- 2.46 ml adobo seasoning, spice
- 226.79 g package low-fat cheese (Mexican or Monterrey Jack)
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (leave seeds in if you like it hotter)
- 113.39 g can green chilies (or larger!)
- Saute onions and peppers in a smidge of oil till soft. Saute raw chicken with the onion and peppers if using. (Drain extra oil / juice if chicken was raw). Add spices and cook for a minute or two. If using cooked chicken, add it now to warm only after the onions are soft.
- Put 1/2 the green enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9X12 pan. Layer 1/3 ripped corn tortillas on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the rest of the enchilada sauce, tomatoes, green chiles to chicken mixture and cook till warm. Add 1/2 the cheese to the mixture and take it off the heat and mix.
- Layer 1/2 of the chicken mixture and then top with ripped tortillas - Twice. Top the casserole with the jar of salsa and top with the balance of the cheese.
- Cook at 350 until warm -- approximately 15 - 20 minutes.