I made a recipe like this - based on another on this site. I made it as enchiladas but with the low fat nature and the corn tortillas I figured it would be best as a casserole next time. The flavors were good - so I'm adding it here for safe keeping and possibly adjustments as I try it as a casserole next time. As it was low-fat and low carbs - I've figured it at 10 WW points plus for 1/6th of the pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 2 plum tomatoes (or additional canned)
- 12 corn tortillas (or more if you have them....)
- 1 (14 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (more green chile or regular red)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken (cooked or raw)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning, spice
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cheese (Mexican or Monterrey Jack)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (leave seeds in if you like it hotter)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (or larger!)
- 1Saute onions and peppers in a smidge of oil till soft. Saute raw chicken with the onion and peppers if using. (Drain extra oil / juice if chicken was raw). Add spices and cook for a minute or two. If using cooked chicken, add it now to warm only after the onions are soft.
- 2Put 1/2 the green enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9X12 pan. Layer 1/3 ripped corn tortillas on the bottom of the pan.
- 3Add the rest of the enchilada sauce, tomatoes, green chiles to chicken mixture and cook till warm. Add 1/2 the cheese to the mixture and take it off the heat and mix.
- 4Layer 1/2 of the chicken mixture and then top with ripped tortillas - Twice. Top the casserole with the jar of salsa and top with the balance of the cheese.
- 5Cook at 350 until warm -- approximately 15 - 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chile Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.3
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 1354.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chili seasoning