Recipe by Pinay0618
Chilies and salsa turn up the tempo of these corn fritters. Bisquick mix adds ease in preparation.
- vegetable oil
- 4 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 eggs
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) canschopped green chilies, well drained
- old el paso salsa, if desired (any variety)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil (2 to 3 inches) in deep fryer to 375°F.
- Stir Bisquick mix, cold water and eggs in large bowl with spoon until smooth. Stir in corn and chilies.
- Drop batter by small spoonfuls into hot oil. Turn and fry until evenly golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with salsa.