Recipe by ihvhope
This comes from Cook's Country and I love everything from their magazine. I'm always looking for new pasta recipes, and I adore cilantro.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
I've just gotten hooked on "Cook's Country," so I was excited to give this a try. This was awfully tasty and I used it already for: Recipe #38156 and Recipe #117803. It added a lot of flavor to both! This pesto is SO flavorful it would be a great addition to any dish. The pepper gives a little "zip" but doesn't make it too spicy. Thanks Ihvhope, for posting this fabulous pesto- Roxygirl
- 473.18 ml lightly packed fresh cilantro
- 354.88 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 4 (453.59 g) canchopped green chili peppers
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped fine
- 59.14 ml toasted pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree cilantro, cheese, green chile, jalapeno, pine nuts, and garlic in food processor until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary.
- With processor running, add oil in steady stream until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss pesto with cooked pasta and reserved pasta cooking water, if necessary.