This is no ordinary pesto! This is pesto New Mexico style. Recipe comes from Real New Mexico Chile Cookbook by Sandy Szwarc. Hope you enjoy it!
- 3 1⁄2 cups new mexico peppers, roasted, peeled and chopped (Anaheim Chile)
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh cilantro leaves (1 large bunch)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (of a mixture of both) or 1 cup romano cheese, grated (of a mixture of both)
- In a blender or food processor add the chiles, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, nuts, olive oil, and garlic.
- Puree until amost smooth. Stir in the grated cheese, taste and adjust salt to taste.