Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ridiculously easy and quick. My husband's favorite. The only way to mess this one up is to add too much milk making the soup too thin. I got this recipe from my mother, but I don't know where it originated. The amounts can vary. You really can't mess this one up.
- 2 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 can pre-cooked chicken or 2 pre-cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 177.44 ml milk
- 2 can green chili peppers (I use Hatch brand)
- 7.39 ml pepper
- Mix soups, chicken, corn and green chile in very large pot.
- Gradually add milk to desired consistency.
- I use about 3/4 of the empty soup can full.
- Let boil.
- Serve in bowls with tortillas on the side.
- You can probably do this in a crockpot with raw chicken at the bottom, top with soup, corn, milk and chile and let cook 7 hours.
This has to be the easiest, quickest and most delicious soup yet. It takes minutes, but really delivers on flavor. I used a rotisserie chicken as they provide more flavor. I also added more milk to thin the soup and I added chopped cilantro and a bit of cayenne for a "kick". Will definitely make this soup again -- it's a great got-to recipe when you need something quick. Very filling and flavorful with the mild green chilies. Made for Fall PAC, 2012.