Recipe by Robyn from the desert
Ridiculously easy and quick. My husband's favorite. The only way to mess this one up is to add too much milk making the soup too thin. I got this recipe from my mother, but I don't know where it originated. The amounts can vary. You really can't mess this one up.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
This has to be the easiest, quickest and most delicious soup yet. It takes minutes, but really delivers on flavor. I used a rotisserie chicken as they provide more flavor. I also added more milk to thin the soup and I added chopped cilantro and a bit of cayenne for a "kick". Will definitely make this soup again -- it's a great got-to recipe when you need something quick. Very filling and flavorful with the mild green chilies. Made for Fall PAC, 2012.
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 can corn, drained
- 2 cans pre-cooked chicken or 2 pre-cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cans green chili peppers (I use Hatch brand)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix soups, chicken, corn and green chile in very large pot.
- Gradually add milk to desired consistency.
- I use about 3/4 of the empty soup can full.
- Let boil.
- Serve in bowls with tortillas on the side.
- You can probably do this in a crockpot with raw chicken at the bottom, top with soup, corn, milk and chile and let cook 7 hours.