Got this recipe from my mom. Not sure where she got it. It has a nice blend of flavors. I don't recommend using a George Foreman grill with this recipe because all of the essential yummy juices are squeezed out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 pounds)
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole green chilies, drained and sliced lengthwise
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese or 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 sandwich buns, split
- 1 large tomato, sliced (optional)
- 1Pound chicken to flatten; place in a large resealable plastic bag.
- 2In a bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and oil; mix well.
- 3Set aside 1/4 cup for basting. Pour remaining marinade over chicken, seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn and baste with reserved marinade; grill 3 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- 5Top each chicken breast with a slice of cheese and a green chile; cover and grill for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 6Serve on rolls with tomatoes, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chile Chicken Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.0
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.3 mg
- Sodium 3222.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 45.3 g