Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this recipe from my mom. Not sure where she got it. It has a nice blend of flavors. I don't recommend using a George Foreman grill with this recipe because all of the essential yummy juices are squeezed out.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 pounds)
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole green chilies, drained and sliced lengthwise
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese or 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 sandwich buns, split
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- Pound chicken to flatten; place in a large resealable plastic bag.
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and oil; mix well.
- Set aside 1/4 cup for basting. Pour remaining marinade over chicken, seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn and baste with reserved marinade; grill 3 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- Top each chicken breast with a slice of cheese and a green chile; cover and grill for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on rolls with tomatoes, if desired.