1/1 Photo of Green Chile Chicken Pot Pie
This is an experiment; DH and I couldn't choose between chicken pot pie or tortilla casserole so I decided to invoke both with a brand new recipe. If it is posted here you'll know we enjoyed it :). Credit is due to Chef #169430 for her Chili Cheese Cornbread (Low Fat) #188754, which I have used here as the crust. I halved her recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2In a small bowl combine cornmeal through wheat flour. Make a well in the center, and combine buttermilk, egg, cheese, and 2 T chiles. Mix gently and set aside.
- 3In an 8 x 8 dish mix chicken, soup, vegetables, milk, and remaining chiles. Microwave for 4 minutes to heat through, then stir.
- 4Top chicken mixture with cornmeal mixture, then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 5Bake 35 minutes, or until cornbread is golden and middle is done.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chile Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.7
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 79.7 mg
- Sodium 270.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cheddar cheese
98% fat-free cream of chicken soup