Recipe by longhornmom
A great, easy alternative to making green chicken enchiladas. You can make them spicier by sprinkling verde sauce over the top before baking. You can also add black beans or chopped tomatoes to add a little flair.
Top Review by tandkbenson
Really great easy recipe. I added cilantro and green onions to give it more flavor. I also only had mozzarella on hand and so I added some chunky salsa (1/3 cup) just to help since monterey jack is more flavorful than mozzarella. Everyone loved it. We had extra kids in the house and everyone said they thought it was really good. We will make this again.
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies