Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great, easy alternative to making green chicken enchiladas. You can make them spicier by sprinkling verde sauce over the top before baking. You can also add black beans or chopped tomatoes to add a little flair.
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- Cook egg noodles to al dente.
- Once cooked, drain noodles and add all ingredients while noodles are still hot.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle with more cheese if desired.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until heated through.
Really great easy recipe. I added cilantro and green onions to give it more flavor. I also only had mozzarella on hand and so I added some chunky salsa (1/3 cup) just to help since monterey jack is more flavorful than mozzarella. Everyone loved it. We had extra kids in the house and everyone said they thought it was really good. We will make this again.
This is wonderful. I substituted 1/4 cup fresh roasted green chili for the canned, and used an 18oz can of enchilada sauce. It was absolutely wonderful!
We really enjoyed this - - fantastic quick meal that lasted for a couple of more days as leftovers for my husband and me. Very easy - great meal when you don't have a lot of time but want some good comfort food. I think I might add some jalapenos to it next time - it wasn't quite spicy enough for me but it should be an easy fix next time!