Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick and easy fix when you are having a crowd over. I fixed this for a Super Bowl Party this year. I got it from William Sonoma and then made a few changes
- Put the chicken thighs in a large pot, add water to cover and stir in the salt. Bring o a simmer over medium heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, 20-25 minutes. Drain the chicken. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones, discarding the skin and shredding the meat.
- Pre-heat oven - 400℉ . Lightly grease a 9x13 roastingpan. WS had a pan for sale that was deeper then.
- the dishes I had and that they recommended, but I couldn’t see buying another pan.
- In a saute' pan over a medium heat, warm the oil. Using tongs , quickly pass each tortilla through the hot oil until softened, 2-3 seconds. Drain on a paper towel-lines baking sheet.
- Pour ½ cup of the chili verde into the prepared roasting pan and spread evenly. Place 3 tortillas on top. Top with 1 cup of chicken, 1 cup of jack cheese and ½ cup of chili verde starter. Repeat the layering 4 times, ending with a layer of tortillas. Top with the remaining ½ cup of chili verde starter and the remaining jack cheese.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkles the red onion, cilantro and queso anejo cheese on top. Serve warm.
- NOW, WHEN I DID IT I CHEATED AND USED THE ROASTED CHICKEN FROM THE STORE.
Wonderful and delicious! And so easy to prepare if you shred the rotisserie chicken from the grocery store completely skipping step one. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe!