Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A quick and easy fix when you are having a crowd over. I fixed this for a Super Bowl Party this year. I got it from William Sonoma and then made a few changes
- Put the chicken thighs in a large pot, add water to cover and stir in the salt. Bring o a simmer over medium heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, 20-25 minutes. Drain the chicken. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones, discarding the skin and shredding the meat.
- Pre-heat oven - 400℉ . Lightly grease a 9x13 roastingpan. WS had a pan for sale that was deeper then.
- the dishes I had and that they recommended, but I couldn’t see buying another pan.
- In a saute' pan over a medium heat, warm the oil. Using tongs , quickly pass each tortilla through the hot oil until softened, 2-3 seconds. Drain on a paper towel-lines baking sheet.
- Pour ½ cup of the chili verde into the prepared roasting pan and spread evenly. Place 3 tortillas on top. Top with 1 cup of chicken, 1 cup of jack cheese and ½ cup of chili verde starter. Repeat the layering 4 times, ending with a layer of tortillas. Top with the remaining ½ cup of chili verde starter and the remaining jack cheese.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkles the red onion, cilantro and queso anejo cheese on top. Serve warm.
- NOW, WHEN I DID IT I CHEATED AND USED THE ROASTED CHICKEN FROM THE STORE.