Gone Fishin''s Note:
A quick and easy fix when you are having a crowd over. I fixed this for a Super Bowl Party this year. I got it from William Sonoma and then made a few changes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the chicken thighs in a large pot, add water to cover and stir in the salt. Bring o a simmer over medium heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, 20-25 minutes. Drain the chicken. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones, discarding the skin and shredding the meat.
- 2Pre-heat oven - 400℉ . Lightly grease a 9x13 roastingpan. WS had a pan for sale that was deeper then.
- 3the dishes I had and that they recommended, but I couldn’t see buying another pan.
- 4In a saute' pan over a medium heat, warm the oil. Using tongs , quickly pass each tortilla through the hot oil until softened, 2-3 seconds. Drain on a paper towel-lines baking sheet.
- 5Pour ½ cup of the chili verde into the prepared roasting pan and spread evenly. Place 3 tortillas on top. Top with 1 cup of chicken, 1 cup of jack cheese and ½ cup of chili verde starter. Repeat the layering 4 times, ending with a layer of tortillas. Top with the remaining ½ cup of chili verde starter and the remaining jack cheese.
- 6Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for 20 minutes.
- 7Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkles the red onion, cilantro and queso anejo cheese on top. Serve warm.
- 8NOW, WHEN I DID IT I CHEATED AND USED THE ROASTED CHICKEN FROM THE STORE.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.3
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 103.4 mg
- Sodium 1607.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 29.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili verde starter