My mom always made this for me growing up, and now I mkae if for my husband and kids and they LOVE it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine chicken, sour cream, soup, chilies, onion, and 3 cups of the cheese in a large bowl and mix well.
- Salt and pepper the mixture to taste.
- Grease all sides of an 8x8 paking pan.
- Put a layer of tortillas in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread on a layer of the chicken mixture about 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle on a thin layer of cheese.
- Repeat until pan is full ending with a good covering layer of cheese.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese starts to brown a little.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and then serve.