Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mom always made this for me growing up, and now I mkae if for my husband and kids and they LOVE it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine chicken, sour cream, soup, chilies, onion, and 3 cups of the cheese in a large bowl and mix well.
- Salt and pepper the mixture to taste.
- Grease all sides of an 8x8 paking pan.
- Put a layer of tortillas in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread on a layer of the chicken mixture about 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle on a thin layer of cheese.
- Repeat until pan is full ending with a good covering layer of cheese.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese starts to brown a little.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and then serve.
I made this for my family and they loved loved loved it!! I've always used corn tortillas and the flour tortillas and the sour cream made the taste wonderful!!
this recipe is phenomenal! ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! i also added a can of green enchilada sauce and i put a few more flour tortillas. it is so good! i would suggest using a 13 by 9 pan. i used my large cake pan and still had extra so i put the rest in an 8 by 8. which i will freeze for an easy delicious precooked dinner when im in a rush! excellent recipe and it makes more than enough! LOVE IT! thanks for sharing!! Love n Blessings :) <><
So easy and So good. My family is very picky. I was confused as to the size of the pan. I used a 9x13. then cut the recipe ingrediants down by 1/3. except for the tortilias and the cheese. Filled the pan all the way up and worked wonderfully. Also I did not have whole chicken breast so I used about 2 cups. This is now on the monthly planner and will stay there. Thanks so much.