Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my best friend's and my attempt to replicate the Green Chicken Chile Soup served at Los Arcos Steakhouse in Truth or Consequence, New Mexico. We love it and have it every time we are at the lake. I called several years ago and they will not give out the recipe. My best friend and I decided we needed to try to replicate it and used our husbands as guinea pigs -- we are close! This is fabulous any time but especially good on a COLD New Mexico night!
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cooked & cubed
- 1⁄2 cup green chile, peeled & chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 4 cups milk
- 2 medium potatoes, partially cooked & diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Cook chicken -- you can even grill for more enhanced flavor.
- In large dutch oven, place 3 cans of soup and 4 cups of milk.
- Mix til well combined.
- Bring to medium simmer and add bouillon cube.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked and chopped/mashed potatoes, combine.
- Add chicken, chopped chile, garlic pepper, and salt.
- Combine well and let simmer about 20 minutes.
- Preferred method for us is put ALL in crock pot and put on low for 4-6 hours.
I am the best friend that she made this with and it is excellent to say the least. It is very close to the one at Los Arcos!!