Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Food & Wine, April 2008.
Make and share this Green-Chile Chicken and Pink Bean Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch dice
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 white onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (19 ounce) can pink beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, drained
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken stock or 1 3⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- lime wedge, for serving
- white rice, for serving
- In a medium soup pot, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering.
- Season the diced chicken thighs with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the cumin and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the pink beans, green chiles and stock to the chicken and bring to a simmer.
- Cook over moderately low heat until the stew has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the chicken and pink bean stew into bowls with rice and serve with lime wedges.