Vino Girl's Note:
From Food & Wine, April 2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch dice
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 white onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (19 ounce) can pink beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, drained
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock or 1 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- lime wedge, for serving
- white rice, for serving
- 1In a medium soup pot, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering.
- 2Season the diced chicken thighs with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the onion and garlic and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 4 minutes.
- 4Stir in the cumin and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 5Add the pink beans, green chiles and stock to the chicken and bring to a simmer.
- 6Cook over moderately low heat until the stew has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 7Stir in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Ladle the chicken and pink bean stew into bowls with rice and serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green-Chile Chicken and Pink Bean Stew
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.8
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 144.8 mg
- Sodium 623.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 50.0 g