1/2 Photos of Green Chile, Chicken, and Corn Soup
1 hr 10 mins
This soup has some of my favorite things in it! I really enjoy it in the fall, just as the weather is turning cold. I can usually still find fresh corn at that time, and it's so great to have a warm soup on a crisp, chilly night! This is from "Southwest Cooks!", a collection of Native American cuisine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion
- 2 whole cloves
- 5 cups beef broth
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 chicken breast halves, skinned
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 anaheim chilies
- 2 3/4 cups fresh cut corn, about 4 ears
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper
- sour cream, fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1Peel the onion and stud with the cloves. Combine the onion, broths, chicken and potato in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- 2Remove the onion. Remove the chicken, reserving the broth in the pan. Let the chicken cool, bone it, and chop the meat. Return the chicken to the pan; set aside.
- 3Cut chiles in half lengthwis; remove seeds and membranes. Place chiles, skin side up, on an ungreased baking sheet; flatten with the palm of your hand. Broil 3 inches from the heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 6 minutes or until charred. Place chiles in ice water; peel and discard skins. Coarsely chop the chiles, and add to the reserved broth mixture.
- 4Stir in corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 4 minutes or until the corn is tender. Taste your soup, and add salt and pepper as needed (depends on the broth you originally used).
- 5Ladle soup into individual soup bowls. Top each serving with avocado slices and chopped tomato. Garnish, if desired with sour cream and fresh cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chile, Chicken, and Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (3510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.8
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.7 mg
- Sodium 531.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 7.9 g