Recipe by PaulaG
This is a perfect meal for the weeknights when you need something fast but elegant. This recipe uses a prepared Alfredo sauce; however, if you have more time you could make your own. The recipe was printed in Sabrosa a southwest dining guide.
Top Review by Bittersweetened
This was very yummy. I ended up adding some chopped tomatoes, green onions and mushrooms in with the green chiles and it came out wonderful, with just enough spice. We didn't have spinach noodles, but I will try to get some for next time. Thanks for posting!
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup fresh green chilies, roasted and chopped or 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) jarprepared alfredo sauce
- 10 ounces spinach fettuccine, cooked al dente
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and brown the chicken pieces until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Remove the cooked chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- If necessary, add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the skillet and sauté the garlic and green chile over medium heat until the garlic is soft.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, add the Alfredo sauce and mix well.
- Add the cooked chicken and heat through.
- Serve over hot fettuccine and garnish with chopped jalapenos if desired.