Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another adopted recipe! Havent tried yet
Make and share this Green Chile Cheesy Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese, Grated
- 4 ounces chilies, Chopped (You can use one can of sweet green chiles or jalapenos that have been chopped.)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 loaf French bread, Unsliced
- Mix the cheese, peppers, and mayonnaise, blending well.
- Spread on the cut surface of the French bread, which has been sliced in half horizontally.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes and cut into thick slices and serve hot.
Really enjoyed this recipe. Didn't have mayo in house (only miracle whip) thus utilized butter. Also cut recipe in half. Bread came out great and enjoyed with chef salad -- perfect compliment. Thanks for posting
DH and I love this recipe!!! Who knew to use mayo like this?!?!? I've made it several times now and changed it up a bit even-once I used a store-bought garlic bread loaf instead of the french bread loaf, and I have tried it using diff. cheeses-cheddar, mozz, provolone-whatever I have on hand. Also, great w/ chopped jalapenos, scallions, tomatoes-again, whatever is handy. Thank you for a great recipe and the ideas it inspires.
Delicious! I used the green chilies and the topping was gooey and wonderful. Into my favorites it goes. Thanks Ang11002 for sharing.